Developed by Kasey Arena @ http://powercakes.net
Prep Time: 5 minutesIngredients:
• 1 bunch of kale leaves (rinsed & dried)
• ¼ Cup of nutritional yeast
• 1 TBS Hawaiian Spirulina
• 1 TBS paprika
• cooking spray of choice
• sea salt & pepper to tasteDirections:
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Mix nutritional yeast, Hawaiian Spirulina Powder, & paprika together in a small bowl & set aside.
• Wash & dry the bunch of kale. (5-6 stalks)
• Using a knife, de-stalk the kale leaves by cutting out the hard stalk down the middle.
• Lay the kale leaves onto a cookie sheet.
• Spray the kale leaves with cooking spray of choice.
• Sprinkle the dry mix over the kale leaves.
• Sprinkle sea salt & pepper over the kale leaves to taste.
• Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
o Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
NOTE: Please be aware that, like many vegetables, the nutrients in spirulina may break down when heated so we recommend minimizing heat.
For many people, staying healthy only becomes a problem when it’s time for a little snack – and then the diet and discipline goes out the window. But with delicious and nutritious snacks like Cheesy Spirulina Kale Chips, that doesn’t have to be the case.
The health benefits of kale are the subject of many reports and seem to be on the minds of many in the health industry over the last several years, and with good reason, too. Packed with Vitamins like A, K, and C, kale also has an ultra-low calorie count, tons of antioxidants, and the ability to support normal cholestrol levels and cardiovascular health.
This bulky and nutritious veggie has the power to curb your hunger during snack time, filling you up due to its bulky nature – and it does this without adding unwanted fats, oils, or calories into your diet. Combine kale with nutritional yeast, and you end up with a cheesy, nutty flavored snack that you won’t believe is good for you. Nutritional Yeast provides you with an added boost of B Vitamins, as well as all 9 of the essential amino acids (it actually contains 18 of them, but stands as a “complete protein” as well).
When you sprinkle Hawaiian Spirulina over your kale chips, you get one of the world’s most powerful and nutritious superfoods that’s also 100% vegan and loaded with protein and antioxidants.
Next time mid-afternoon rolls around and you’re ready for a healthy snack, try this one on for size – be careful, though – it’s habit forming!