These oh-so-nutritious banana bites are easy to prepare and loved by everyone — especially children. The sky's the limit with how you can use the fortified nut butter.
Prep Time: 3-5 minutes (Children love to help with this recipe)
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1/3 TSP Green Complete Superfood Powder
Mix together well the nut butter and Green Complete Powder. Peel the bananas and cut them lengthwise. Spread the nut butter mixture on one side of the banana. Cover with the other half of the banana and then slice into bite-size pieces. You can make extra to keep on hand for up to 2 days and store the entire banana in an airtight container. Cut them into bites only when ready to enjoy or serve it. Both smooth or chunky-style nut butters work well for this recipe.
Variations for the Green Complete Nut Butter:
1. You can triple or quadruple this recipe easily. You can also double or triple the amount of Green Complete Powder that you add to the nut butter. Start with less and add more as desired.
2. This recipe with cashew butter, hemp seed butter, walnut butter, tahini, pecan butter, hazelnut butter and peanut butter are delicious alternatives.
3. To sweeten to nut butter mixture, drizzle in some honey or pure maple syrup.
4. On top of the Green Complete Nut Butter mixture on the banana, spread your favorite jam such as strawberry, raspberry, or marmalade. This nut butter and jelly banana sandwich takes no time at all to make and is nutri-scrumptious (my word for nutritious and delicious).
5. Spread this Green Complete Nut Butter mixture on a piece of whole grain toast and top it with several banana slices.
6. To the Green Complete Nut Butter spread, add a dash of cinnamon powder and mix well or sprinkle the cinnamon powder on top of the spread. Sprinkling a cinnamon-sugar powder is also wonderful.
7. Spread some Green Complete Peanut Butter mixture on top of a slice of whole grain toast. Put a dollop of strawberry jam in the center of the nut butter and add some peanuts on top of the jam. This can be made with any kind of nut butter.
8. To the Green Complete Nut Butter mixture, add in some chocolate hazelnut spread for a delicious chocolate flavor. This works well with all nut butters, too.
9. On a slice of whole grain bread or toast, spread the Green Complete Nut Butter mixture and top with raspberries, blackberries and banana slices.
10. Of course, it goes without saying, that you can make a delicious Green Complete Nut Butter and jelly sandwich that everyone will love.