There are many borderline magical flavor combinations in the world, and in my option, lemon and coconut easily earn their spot on that best-of list. This creamy blend tastes almost like a cheesecake, and thanks to its balance of quality protein, greens, minerals, and healthy fats, you’ll find this smoothie makes an energizing meal replacement.
MAKES 16 OUNCES / 1 SERVING
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1 tablespoon your favorite vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon Hawaiian Spirulina Powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut water ice,* or regular ice
In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the ice, and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the ice and blend until frosty. Enjoy immediately.
*Simply freeze coconut water in ice cube trays for enhanced smoothie flavor and extra electrolytes.
Recipe created by superfood chef, Julie Morris