- 2 cups leafy green of your choice (spinach, romaine lettuce, etc.)
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped (and peeled if not organic)
- 1/2 zucchini squash, chopped (for a nice creamy flavor!)
- 1 tsp of Hawaiian Spirulina powder
- 2 full drops of NuNaturals vanilla liquid stevia
- 1 cup unsweetned almond mick ice cubes (freeze these beforehand)
- 2 TBSP organic, raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBSO coconut oil or coconut butter (or feel free to sub in almond butter if you prefer)
- 2 cups large ice cubes
- 1-2 tsp raw caco nibs
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder or use hemp seeds or chia seeds instead of pumpkin seeds
1. Add all the ingredients in the order listed to your blender. If you don't have a high powered blender, you will need to break the ingredients up a good bit, and add about 1 cup of additional liquid most likely to get it going. If you have a high powered blender like a Blendtec, simply add the ingredients, press the smoothie button, or use the ice cream button for a thicker, frostier blend. For the Vitamix, you'll need to use the tamper ( plunger) to get it going.
2. Once everything is blended, pour into 2 glass jars and have both for a meal replacement, or have one for breakfast and another later on. Just be sure to put a lid on your jar if keeping it in the fridge since more air oxidizes the greens quicker.
3. For serving, top with a few cacao nibs, and perhaps additional pumpkin seeds.
4. Enjoy and feel energized all day!!:)