- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1 TSP Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups rice milk
- To the base recipe, add in: 1 serving summer fruit of your choice (blueberries, strawberries, nectarines, pitted cherries, pear, etc.) or any combination of fruits you have at home. The base recipe is a great-tasting smoothie on its own.
Add all ingredients to blender and blend till desired consistency is reached. (Note: for a thinner smoothie, add more apple.)
Health Benefits of the Spirulina Summer Smoothie
This green smoothie recipe is perfect for adding a terrifically healthy snack to your diet. In addition to nature’s superfood, spirulina, you’re getting excellent nutrition from the other ingredients as well. Here’s a list of just some of the nutritional elements you’re getting from this smoothie.
• Banana – bananas contain high levels of potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, Iron, Fiber, and Magnesium. Bananas are also great for the heart, and have almost no fat or sodium, and zero cholesterol making them a great diet food.
• Almonds – Almonds are a great source of vitamin E, copper, magnesium and protein.
• Apples – Apples contain Vitamin C, B-Vitamins, dietary fiber, phytonutrients, and a long list of other nutrients.
• Rice Milk – Rice milk is fortified with vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin B12, niacin and iron.
Not included here are the additional ingredients you can add to this smoothie recipe. Strawberries, blueberries, nectarines, pears etc. all contain high levels of antioxidants and other great nutrients with a long list of health benefits.
The Spirulina Summer Smoothie is great by itself or in addition to any meal and can help tremendously in achieving a healthy and balanced diet. By adding fruit and nuts together with spirulina, your body will be thanking you for years to come!