Serves: 4 - 6
Time to Prepare: 15-20 minutes
This smoothie also makes a perfect detoxifying and cleansing beverage. Every 2-4 weeks, blend up this recipe and consume nothing else all day until dinner. Better yet, just sip on this smoothie all day from morning until the following morning and you'll be feeling light and revitalized.
- 2 papayas, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 blood oranges, peeled
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 TBSP fresh spearmint leaves, chopped
- 2 TSP fresh lime juice
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 scoops of Green Complete Superfood Powder with Hawaiian Spirulina
Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses.
1. To make it even more nutritious, blend in a few leaves of kale, spinach, romaine or parsley.
2. Instead of the blood oranges, blend in 2 kiwis, peeled.
3. To make it more of a meal replacement, to add more calories, or to give it a creamier taste, blend in a few slices of avocado.
Recipe created by Susan Smith Jones, PhD
Waking up in the morning and preparing a healthy, antioxidant-rich smoothie for breakfast is the perfect way to start the day with a blast of nutrition and energy. And that’s doubly true when the temperatures heat up during the summer.
All of the ingredients in this power-packed smoothie conspire to make the ideal healthy beverage that’s delicious, too. Adding a level of tropical sweetness to the smoothie, papayas and mangos set the tone for this smoothie. Papayas have been shown to aid in digestion. Mangos pack tons of Vitamin C, A, and B6.
When you add in coconut water, you’re also adding a low-calorie sweetener that’s fat-free, cholesterol-free, rich in potassium, and filled with hydrating properties. The cashews in the recipe contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, much like the ones you find in olive oil.
Green Complete SuperFood Powder with Hawaiian Spirulina features organic greens, antioxidants, probiotics, and of course, the healthy and powerful spirulina, known to support increased energy levels and boost immunity.
Start a healthy habit first thing in the morning, and wake up to a Tropical Papaya Mango Antioxidant-Rich Smoothie – you’ll be singing the praises of this beverage, all day long!