Who wants something hot and healthy during these cold winter months? Try this delicious and healthy pot pie!
Prep time: 30 minutes Bake time: 40 minutes
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓-½ cup cold nondairy milk (unsweetened)
- 1 15oz tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 1 ½ cups)
- ½ an onion, diced
- 2 ½ cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Veggie broth (or olive oil/water) to saute with
- 2 cups nondairy milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoons spirulina
- Prepare the crust by adding everything to a mixing bowl and mixing until combined, use your hands so that you don’t overmix. It should be a bit crumbly but hold when pressed Split the dough into two and roll the first half out on a floured surface until it is large enough to cover the bottom of the pie pan. Place it into the pan and set aside while you make the filling.
- To make the filling add the veggies, chickpeas, and herbs to a pan with some veggie broth or olive oil so they don't burn to the Cook until the onions start to become translucent.
- While the veggies cook, add the sauce ingredients to a small pot and whisk until there are no flour Cook over low heat until it begins to thicken, whisking occasionally so the bottom doesn't burn.
- Once the filling components are ready, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, add the veggies to the pie pan, then pour over the sauce. Roll out the other half of the pie crust and place that on top. Gently press the edges together and brush a little bit of milk over the
- Bake for around 40 minutes, until the top is nice and Let cool then slice!