Deliciously savory, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and packed with flavor. Top with the creamy cilantro sauce and you have a veggie packed meal!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 burgers & sauce
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 flax or chickpea egg (1 tbsp ground flax or chickpea flour mixed with 3 tbsp water, let sit to thicken)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3-4 tablespoons oat flour
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup cashews
- 2 teaspoons Hawaiian Spirulina powder
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ -1 cup water
Buns of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment. To a food processor, add in all the burger ingredients, except the oat flour, and process until mostly smooth, it's okay for some chickpea pieces to remain. Then mix in the oat flour. Using your hands, split it into 4 pieces then roll and flatten into burgers.
2. In a small bowl, mix the crust ingredients, then lightly dunk each burger into the crust mix and place them onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes then flip the burgers and bake for another 12-15 minutes, until golden.
3. While the burgers bake, make the sauce by adding everything to a blender and blending on high for 30 seconds, until very smooth. Store the leftovers in a jar in the fridge.
4. Once the burgers are crisp and golden, assemble the burgers and enjoy!