These vegan chocolate muffins are delightfully moist and made with healthy ingredients for a chocolate-rich treat!
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes 6 muffins
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian Spirulina powder
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
Directions:1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and oil a muffin tin or use a silicone muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
3. Then add in the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is even.
4. Pour into the muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick can be removed mostly clean.
5. Let cool before removing from the pan, then serve frosted!
Frosting ingredients:- 1 ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup nondairy milk
- 31/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional ½ teaspoon turmeric for color
Directions:1. Blend everything together until smooth! If you need it to thicken a little bit, refrigerate before frosting the cupcakes, and enjoy!