This key lime raw vegan cheesecake tart is insanely creamy, perfectly sweet/tart and couldn’t be easier to make. The no-bake, dairy-free, cashew-based filling blends up quickly and chills to perfection overnight in a simple oat flour crust. It’s sure to become a favorite family dessert!
Prep Time: overnight to set
Servings: 1 pie
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 cup oat flour (plus an additional 1-2 tablespoons if needed)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup nondairy milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- ½ cup agave syrup
- 2 tsp Hawaiian Spirulina Powder
Whipped Topping Ingredients:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
1. For the crust, add the ingredients to a bowl and mix until a dough forms. Evenly press this into the bottom of a parchment lined loaf pan and set aside.
2. For the filling, add the ingredients to a blender and blend on high for around 30 seconds, until very smooth. Pour this over the crust layer. Place the cheesecake into the freezer overnight to set. Once ready to serve, let it defrost in the fridge for around an hour or on the counter for around 20 minutes and then slice. Store any leftovers in the freezer for whenever you fancy a slice!
3. For the whipped topping, remove only the fat from the top of the coconut milk that has been refrigerated (set aside the remaining coconut water from the bottom of the can, it goes great in smoothies!), add it to a small metal bowl along with the vanilla. Using an electric whisk, whisk until it is fluffy and forms peaks. Store in a jar in the fridge until you are ready to top off the cheesecake!