This Mexican-inspired loaded vegan baked sweet potato recipe is loaded with black beans, ripe tomatoes, and topped with a big scoop of fresh pesto made with Hawaiian Spirulina powder for an extra nutrition boost.
Prep Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup kale
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ a lemon juiced
- 2 tsp Hawaiian Spirulina powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large roasted sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
1. Roast the sweet potatoes by poking them with a knife and roasting at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until very soft (pro tip- sprinkle a parchment lined sheet pan with water and then bake them on this, the water helps them cook to have a soft inside and slightly caramelized outside!).
2. Make the pesto by adding everything to a food processor and blending until mostly smooth.
3. Once the sweet potatoes are soft, cut them in half and fill with the pesto, black beans, tomatoes, and onions. Enjoy!