A perfect 3 layer traditional peppermint slice! You can’t go wrong with this all-time family favorite recipe - with a healthy, no-bake twist.
Prep Time - 4 hours (freezer time)
Servings - 12 slices
- 1 ⅓ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
Mint Cream Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup fresh mint (can sub for another ¼ teaspoon peppermint oil)
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Hawaiian Spirulina powder
- ½ cup plant milk (plus another 1-2 tablespoons if needed to make it blend smoothly)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Optional crushed sandwich cookies or chocolate chips
- ⅓ heaped cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon plant milk
1. For the crust, mix everything together until it forms a cookie like dough, press this evenly into the bottom of a parchment lined bread pan.
2. In a high speed blender, add in all of the cream ingredients and blend on high for 20-30 seconds until very smooth. Then, if desired, mix in crushed cookie pieces or chocolate chips.
3. Spread the cream evenly on top of the crust layer, then place the bars into the freezer.
4. In a small pot over low heat, add in the ganache ingredients and mix continuously (so that the bottom doesn’t burn) until melted. Take the bars out of the freezer, evenly spread over the ganache, then place back into the freezer.
5. Let chill for 2-3 hours, then using a warm knife (run warm/hot water over it then dry it off!) slice it into bars, let defrost before serving, and enjoy!