A fun twist on the ever so popular pesto pasta! Yummy.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 packed cups fresh basil, destemmed
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 teaspoons spirulina
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅔ cup veggie broth or unsweetened nondairy milk (veggie broth if you want it a bit lighter and a greater depth of flavor, nondairy milk for a simpler, creamy taste!)
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth! Store in a jar and use for topping bread, as a veggie and cracker dip, in pesto risotto, with salads, etc!
- ½ an onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound (2 ½ cups) arborio rice
- 5 cups veggie broth
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 cup spirulina pesto
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Add the onion and mushrooms to a large pot with a splash of the veggie broth and cook over low/medium heat until the onions start to become translucent. Then add in the rice and allow that to toast for a few minutes, mixing occasionally so the bottom becomes golden but not
- Add in the remaining ingredients (start with just 1 cup of water) and mix Cover and allow it to simmer gently, then lower the heat. Mix every few minutes to avoid burning, until the rice is tender. Add in more water if needed to cook the rice without losing too much sauce. Once the rice is fully cooked, let cool a bit and enjoy! It’s really good with a little extra pesto and some capers on top!