These vegan Parmesan Pesto Roasted Potatoes will become a staple side dish in your home! The bold flavors of the vegan parmesan cheese and pesto are sure to win you over!
Prep Time: 1 hour
- 6-8 golden potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup cashews (or pine nuts)
- 3 tablespoons vegan parmesan (can sub for an additional 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast and 1 tablespoon cashews but it will change the taste a bit!)
- 2 teaspoons - 1 tablespoon Hawaiian Spirulina powder (depending on how strong you want it)
1. Boil the potatoes until they are soft, then drain them and let cool a little.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. On a parchment lined baking tray, smash the potatoes using the bottom of a jar/mug.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes, add salt and pepper to taste. Bake for around 20 minutes, until golden and crisp.
5. While the potatoes are baking, make the pesto by adding all of the ingredients to a food processor and blending until your desired smoothness.
6. Once the potatoes are golden, serve by spreading a generous amount of pesto on top and a little extra vegan parmesan!