BOLSTER YOUR SALADS
I’m not a chef! Despite not having my culinary license, I’ve cooked for family, friends and myself throughout my athletic career and moving into my senior years! Nothing has changed except my experimentation with nutrient ingredients.
If you’re an athlete, part time exercise enthusiast or just need to eat healthier; take a look at the two super salads below. I create my own recipes and quite often add or delete new food items that enhance the nutritional value of the salad and also the tastiness.
There are several key elements that are noted in my two salads and the rationale behind the makeup creates a nutrient dense and satiating meal. As you experiment with your salads there are several key factors to keep in mind with any alterations, deletions or adding your own super foods. Take a look at the following list:
- Don’t add more lettuce - nutrient weak, low fiber and a waste of money.
- Add nutrient rich greens such as kale, broccoli, arugula, celery and cilantro.
- Protein is king! Adding another protein triggers your key hormone called Leptin that signals your gut and brain that you’re feeling satiated.
- Cold water fatty fish can be substituted from my recipe. Mackerel, tuna, sardines, herring, trout and more!
- Eggs are a brilliant choice. Loaded with Iron, calcium, Vitamin A and B and eat the yolk!
- Grass Fed Beef, not confined animal feed lot raised cattle. If you want to substitute beef for fish, this is the absolute perfect protein choice.
- Chicken free range is also a dandy substitute
- Dark beans in moderation are loaded with protein and fiber
- Organic Dairy either hard cheeses, grass fed cottage cheese or whole fat plain yogurt
- Avocados are always my go to for an added super fruit that is filling and nutrient rich
Let me know your thoughts and try invigorating your salads either as a complete meal or the staple with your lunch or dinner. If you have questions or comments please reach out to me with the link below…………
This is not intended to be medical advice. Consult your healthcare provider before starting a new diet, exercise or health program.
*These Statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Dave's Top Product Pick! Use Code: DAVE for 25% Off
Dave Scott 6X IRONMAN® World Champion, Health Professional, & Master Coach
Meet Dave Scott
Dave Scott is a legend in the triathlon world. He is one of the most recognized athletes and coaches in the sport of triathlon. He is a six-time IRONMAN® World Champion and the first inductee into the IRONMAN® Hall of Fame. Dave’s career in triathlon began with the inception of the sport in 1976. He won his first IRONMAN World Championship in 1980 and went on to win again in 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986 and 1987.
Dave currently devotes his time educating and inspiring athletes of all abilities and ages, leading sport camps, clinics and races across the country and running his own training group in Boulder, Colorado. His business, Dave Scott, Inc. offers individual and group fitness and nutrition consultations as well as corporate and triathlon club speaking engagements and clinics. Email Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org or Visit Dave's Website.
If you have a health question for Dave, please submit it here!
* This is not meant to be medical advice. Consult your healthcare provider before starting a new diet, exercise or health program.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.