Enhancing Brain Health as You Age Part 1
We "asked the man" for his thoughts on ways to enhance brain health as we age.
Gut Health Boosts Overall Brain Health
- Consume soluble and insoluble fiber daily to enhance gut microbiome
- Eat fermented foods such as; kefir, cabbage juice, sauerkraut, apple cider vinegar & kimchi
- Take a daily probiotic: either DDS or Bifidobacterium
- Gut health signals the brain triggering hormonal response
Nutrition Supports Brain Health
- Brain is composed of 60% fat
- Saturated fat feeds the myelin sheath, which protects the brain cells
- Neurotransmitters affect brain health and can be controlled by diet
- Metabolic adaptation can happen quickly
Reduce these Brain Inhibitors
- Excessive carbohydrates
- Wheat, corn, low-fat dairy and soy
- Polyunsaturated Omega-6’s
Dave's Recommened Brain Foods
Dave's Top Product Pick! Use Code: DAVE for 25% Off
Dave Scott 6X IRONMAN® World Champion, Health Professional, & Master Coach
Meet Dave Scott
Dave Scott is a legend in the triathlon world. He is one of the most recognized athletes and coaches in the sport of triathlon. He is a six-time IRONMAN® World Champion and the first inductee into the IRONMAN® Hall of Fame. Dave’s career in triathlon began with the inception of the sport in 1976. He won his first IRONMAN World Championship in 1980 and went on to win again in 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986 and 1987.
Dave currently devotes his time educating and inspiring athletes of all abilities and ages, leading sport camps, clinics and races across the country and running his own training group in Boulder, Colorado. His business, Dave Scott, Inc. offers individual and group fitness and nutrition consultations as well as corporate and triathlon club speaking engagements and clinics. Email Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org or Visit Dave's Website.
If you have a health question for Dave, please submit it here!
* This is not meant to be medical advice. Consult your healthcare provider before starting a new diet, exercise or health program.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.